Starting next Monday I will be participating in the Flats and Handwashing Challenge. I will be documenting all throughout the week. So be sure to stop by and hear me talk about poop and pee! lol!
A Vitamix found itself delivered to my front porch. I don't really know how or why, but it did. My loving husband (my sweet, kind, wonderful husband) ordered it without really telling me so it was a big surprise. Our stick blender died and our food processor was on it's last leg. Instead of buying another $100 blender or food processor that is just going to die on us in a couple years he went ahead and invested in a Vitamix. I saw the UPS truck pull up and I assumed my husband had ordered something from Amazon as he is fond of doing. But as the UPS driver emerged from his truck I saw that he was holding a large cardboard box with big bold letters spelling out "Vitamix". What a surprise! Initially I scoffed at the idea of spending so much on one kitchen appliance but I really do love it. I have been experimenting with it as much as possible. I've been making homemade almond milk, smoothies, pureed soups and sauces. I still have more I want to try, like p...
Its been snowing nearly everyday and everyone is sick of the winter weather. Soon enough spring will arrive and all the flowers will be blooming. If you can't wait for the real flowers, the cheerful daisy on this bonnet may help. I made this bonnet in the bright funky colors of a gerbera daisy but you could make the petals white for the classic shasta daisy. This pattern uses US crochet terms. If you have any questions, leave a comment and I will do my best to help you. This pattern fits on my large 6 month old but for an average size baby I would say this is a size 9-12 months. Using a smaller crochet hook will result in a smaller bonnet. The materials needed are about 2 ounces of main color worsted weight yarn, scraps yarn for the flower center and petals, a size H crochet hook, a blunt tapestry needle for weaving in ends and scissors. To make the flower center: Foundation : ch 3, sl st in 3rd ch from hook to form a ring Round 1: ch 3, 7 dc into th...
Perhaps its an over idealistic notion but I hope to be able to make a handmade gift for my child(ren) each year for Christmas. For my little one's first Christmas I made her a very simple fabric doll. It is lopsided and simple but I loved making it for her and she has loved playing with it. This year I decided the gift I wanted to make was a set of wooden blocks. Only problem is, I don't know the first thing about making wood toys. I looked online and most instructions are geared towards hobbyist and wood workers with a workshop to rival Santa's elves. I don't have many tools of my own, but luckily my dad does. I used his tabletop mitre saw and carpenters square. Making blocks usually requires you to rip cut, or cut the board lengthwise, to get small narrow pieces. That is difficult to do and usually requires a table saw. Instead I found long narrow hobby boards that didn't need to be rip cut. They are made of nice hardwood. ...
Comments
Post a Comment